Carl R. Meinhardt
Carl joined the Silverman team in May 2018 as a Project Manager. He brings over 40 years of experience in development, restoration, renovation, and project management
Carl was designated a Fellow of the Fellow of the American Institute of Architects (AIA). The citation from his investiture reads as follows: “Carl Meinhardt’s work in the field of historic preservation ranges from careful and innovative renovations of the Chrysler and Woolworth buildings in New York City to the technological challenges preserving Saudi Arabia’s historic fortresses. His award-winning design work is characterized by a similar breadth of capabilities.”
- Super Bowl Host Committee Legacy 53 Initiative – John F. Kennedy Park Renovation
- 1,500 units of affordable, workforce and senior housing of which 500+ units were ground-up new construction and the balance were the repair and rehabilitation of nine existing 35+ year old properties successfully completed with residents-in-place.
- Highland Mill #3, Charlotte, NC; adaptive reuse of landmarked cotton mill utilizing Federal Historic Tax Credits.
- Meeting Park Phase I; Marietta, GA; a new, 12-acre, mixed use development.
- 600 Means Street; Atlanta, GA; renovation and consolidation of 4 early 20th century warehouse structures into a single 46,000 sq ft multi-tenant office building.
- Canaday Hall, Harvard University; Cambridge, Mass;
- Holyoke Center, Harvard University; Cambridge, Mass
- Fulton Hall, U. S. Merchant Marine Academy; Kings Point, NY
- Henle Student Village, Georgetown University; Washington, D.C.
- City University Center for Performing Arts; New York, NY
- Harvard University Graduate School of Design; Master’s in Architecture
- The Cooper Union School of Architecture; Certificate in Architecture
- Julia Amory Appleton Fellowship; Harvard University
- PCI Award for Excellence in Design – Classic Residence Hall by Hyatt; Chevy Chase, MD
- PCI Award for Excellence in Design – The Robert L. Millender Center; Detroit, MI
- Concrete Industry Award of Merit -Queenswood Apartments; Corona, NY
- The Art Commission of NYC Award for Excellence in Design – Croton Reservoir Gate House; Croton, NY
- The Art Commission of NYC Award for Excellence in Design – Owl’s Head Processing Comlex, Brooklyn, NY
- The New York Landmarks Conservancy Chairman’s Award for Excellence in Restoration – The Woolworth Building, New York, NY
- New England Regional AIA Award for Excellence in Design – Canaday Hall, Harvard University; Cambridge, MA